Monday, January 2, 2012

Thoughts of my first morning pages


I think it is a sign that about a month ago someone sent me the exerpt about morning pages (a few posts below) and a couple weeks after that I was invited to a facebook group that will be discussing "The Artists Way" http://www.facebook.com/groups/305469276165135/308737465838316/?notif_t=like

I had never heard of the book and even though I put the info on my blog I still didn't do the pages. I guess I just waited for my New Years resolutions to kick in and then I would start.

I woke up this morning ready to start my new life. I cleared out my email inbox of tons of stupid and spammy emails. And then it was time to do my pages. Well they didn't end up the way I though. There was no warm and fuzzy just unadulterated anger at myself. I ripped myself apart. This inner voice completely trashed my and all of my past behavior and lack there of. I am really hoping that this was my critics way of purging out all of the old and I really really really hope that it's not this mean to me ever again.

Iwill do them every day but if this meany doesn't let up I don't think I will be able to take the daily bashing.

So if this didn't put you off. come over to the group and get your creativity on.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Think of it as a clearing? I am thinking of doing a ritual; listing and burning all of the things that are no longer working for me in my life, and listing all good intentions and putting it in a prominent place, along with my vision board. Out with the old, in with the new! Did you listen to that song I posted the other day? Give a watch; go to my Facebook page and click on the Jewel song. She says, "I give love to others, but I give myself hell." Be your own best friend. We are all here to support you!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I think we are all hard on ourselves. Unjustly so I am sure. I think it is time to love your self and give yourself compliments and kudos daily!! It may have been a sort of purging and that is okay too...do not beat yourself up for beating yourself up!! Go easy and lightly on yourself if you dont, who will?
    Thank you so much for being so sharing and helping keep this group 'on track'! I am so glad you are part of it! xo kp

    ReplyDelete